Bhutan Tiger’s Nest Tour Itinerary – Example
The following itinerary outlines a possible itinerary for your Bhutan Tiger’s Nest Tour.
Custom Bhutan Tiger’s Nest Tour
Customised tours which differ from this itinerary are always possible to organise. For example, you can always extend your stay and add more activities in Thimphu and/or Paro if you wish.
Don’t hesitate to contact us in order to discuss your preferences, wants and needs. We are flexible and your personal preferences (and those of your group’s members) matter most to us when organising your Bhutan Tiger’s Nest Tour.
Bhutan Tiger’s Nest Tour Cost
Our Bhutan Tiger’s Nest Tour Package covers the following costs:
- Pick up from and drop off at the hotel and the airport
- Standard government-approved accommodation (in twin sharing rooms) for the duration of the tour
- Full-board meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and tea & snacks – for the duration of your stay
- Drinking water for the duration of the tour
- Licensed English-speaking Bhutanese tour guides
- Private transportation and a designated driver within Bhutan
- Luggage will be hauled by horses, mules or yaks at higher elevations, if required
- Monument and museums entrance fees at all sightseeing locations detailed in the itinerary
- Bhutan visa fees and processing assistance
- Government royalty (35% of $200), which goes to the country’s health and education projects
- All route access and monument entry permits and fees
- All government taxes, official expenses and tourist service charges
The following costs are excluded and not covered by our Bhutan Tiger’s Nest Tour Package:
- International airfare and airport departure tax
- Your travel insurance (mandatory for the trip, see the travel insurance page)
- Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry
- Alcoholic and cold drinks
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Tips for tour guides, porters, driver, hotel lobby and in restaurants. (Tipping is expected)
- Other expenses not mentioned in the Included costs section
Bhutan Tiger’s Nest Tour – Trip Facts
Bhutan Tiger’s Nest Altitude
The Bhutan Tiger’s Nest Tour reaches a maximum altitude of approximately 3,050 m.
Bhutan Tiger’s Nest Tour Best Time of Year
The best season to enjoy a Bhutan Tiger’s Nest Tour is from January – June and from September – December.
Minimum Required Group Size
The minimum group size is 1 person.
Highlights of the Tiger’s Nest Tour
- Sightseeing in Thimphu
- Trashichho Dzong
- Taktsang Monastery (The Tiger’s Nest)
- Handicrafts emporium
- Punakha Dzong
- Drugyel Dzong victory fortress
Video 1 – Dochula Pass & Punakha Dzong
Video 2 – Bhutan Tiger Nest Trek
Bhutan Tiger’s Nest Tour – Image Gallery