Trekking Pvt. Ltd.
24h Hotline
+977-1- 4433329

Tibet Travel Permit


There are two kinds of permits for visiting Tibet: one is Tibet Entry Permit, which is a must for all foreign tourists, and the other is Tibet Travel Permit, which make you accessible to the closed or restricted area of Tibet, such as The Mt. Everest. Tibet Travel Permit, or Alliens' Entry Permit is a certificate for foreigners to visit Tibet China. Foreigners who want to travel to Tibet must have the Tibet Permit to get into Tibet. The following is what Tibet Entry Permit look like:

If you want to take tours to the closed areas in Tibet, you have to get Tibet Travel Permit. The permit is issued by Foreign Affairs Section of Tibet Local Public Security Bureau (PSB). The following is what Tibet Travel Permit look like:

If you travel to Lhasa and Nagqu regions of Tibet, you don't need Tibet Permit.

Currently traveling to the following areas of Tibet needs Travel Permit:

Tsetang: Samye Monastery, Tomb of Tibetan King, Changdruk Temple, Yumbulakhang
Shigatse: Sakya Monastery, The Mt. Everest, Rongbuk Monastery
Gyangtse: Pelkor Chode Monastery & Kubum Stupa
Nqari Region
Basumtso lake in Nyingchi Region Chamdo Region

© Copyright 2015 All Nepal Trekking P. Ltd. All rights reserved. Powered By